Safety while Exercising: Safety is important in reducing your risk for injury when you exercise. Try the following tips to improve safety when you exercise:
* Always carry identification with you.
* Resist the temptation to wear headsets in settings where you need to be able to hear traffic.
* Consider carrying a cell phone.
* Use pedestrian crosswalks and stoplights where available.
* Walk and run against traffic so you can see approaching vehicles.
* Avoid poorly lit areas at night.
* Wear bright, reflective clothing at night.
* Always let someone know what route you are planning to take.
* When you are on vacation, familiarize yourself with the safe routes before using them or use the hotel's gym.